- What data do we collect?
- How do we collect your data?
- How will we use your data?
- How do we store your data?
- What are your data protection rights?
- What are cookies?
- What types of cookies do we use?
- How to manage your cookies
- Privacy policies of other websites
- How to contact us
What data do we collect?
GVLARP collects the following data:
- Personal identification information (Name, email address)
- Any further details you volunteer through correspondance
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide GVLARP with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
- Register online.
- Voluntarily contact GVLARP via e-mail, letter or phone call.
- Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies.
How will we use your data?
GVLARP collects your data so that we can:
- Process and manage your account.
- Email you with monthly replies to any submitted downtime orders or queries
- Email you with updates and newsletters relating to the events being run by GVLARP.
GVLARP will not share your personal data with other companies without your prior permission or upon request by you. Under certain conditions, GVLARP may need to comply with certain authorities requests for copies of, or access to personal data.
How do we store your data?
Your personal data on the website is stored by the WordPress in a database which is hosted on systems owned by our web and email host, 34SP.com. Email is stored on the 34SP email servers.
GVLARP will keep your e-mail address and name (first and surname) and any characters you have created on the site.
How long will we keep your data?
- GVLARP collects your data for the purposes of membership, therefore any data pertaining to your account will be kept for the lifetime of your membership with GVLARP.
- Once you have notified GVLARP of the termination of your membership, specific data will be removed (login details and contact details etc.) within a reasonable time-frame, however game specific data (such as orders and orders replies) may be retained as it relates directly to the game and may impact other GVLARP members negatively should it be removed.
- You may withdraw your consent for GVLARP to hold any membership related information about you at any time, however GVLARP will consider this termination of your membership.
GVLARP may send you information about event dates and game-related information via an email newsletter. You may opt-in/out for receiving this newsletter by changing the options within your account settings on the Profile page.
What are your data protection rights?
GVLARP would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
The right to access – You have the right to request GVLARP for copies of your personal data.
The right to rectification – You have the right to request that GVLARP correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request GV LARP to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure – You have the right to request that GVLARP erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that GVLARP restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to GVLARP processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability – You have the right to request that GVLARP transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email:
Write to us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behaviour information. When you visit our website, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology
For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org.
- Keeping you signed in
- Understanding how you use our website
- Retaining any account specific personalisations
What types of cookies do we use?
There are a number of different types of cookies, however, our website uses:
- Functionality – GVLARP uses these cookies so that we recognize you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
Privacy policies of other websites
GVLARP is a Society and therefore may be exempt from some aspects of GDPR policy. However, each request will be reviewed on an individual basis to determine whether this is the case.
How to contact us
Email us at: email@example.com